London Adventures

I’m not going to lie, Jet setting around the world with a company you love is definitely a job perk. And while trade shows are a lot of work, A LOT (see 2 tradeshows in 10 days) we do get some downtime, and what better place to have some adventures than Europe?! 
On our days off we had planned a sneaky trip to Paris, but being a work trip and all, work got in the way, and we had to stay in London. (not really a bad thing!) 
Aside from drinking pints of beer at old English pubs and eating or own body weight in good food… we also made time for a little bit of #culture
So we had our hearts set on seeing a few shows… 
…. Of which we saw none. 
We did all the touristy things, the V&A, the galleries, some walking tours… because nothing screams tourist like walking around London with a loud talker and a fluro sticker stuck to your chest. 
The National Portrait Gallery was a highlight, and our timing was impeccable as we got to see the Audrey Hepburn exhibit. As imagined, it was an amazing glimpse into the life of an icon and most of the photos were from her private collection spanning early childhood up until her passing. The following photo of Audrey and Hubert de Givenchy, was a favourite
We also sat opposite this cute place one morning… The Mayfair Club”. I am 99% sure it is a gentleman’s club. However, the other 1%, and the geek in me, kind of wishes behind those doors lied a secret room full of monopoly boards and good scotch. A girl can dream…
But the absolute highlight, which we only literally fell upon on our final day, was The Mademoiselle Prive Exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. Yep. The entire gallery was converted into a shrine to Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel and Karl Lagerfeld. It was visually breathtaking, interactive informative, and completely mind blowing! From rooms dedicated to the making of Chanel No.5, to artwork painted by Karl himself, even down to the hallways that mimicked Chanel packaging, it really was an inspirational feast. Photos do not give justice, but here are some faves.
While on the topic of Chanel, it brings me to the great Myth of the Chanel Light posts. 
These are all over the City of Westminster, and the myth is that the CC initials are in homage to Coco Chanel as a declaration of affection from her lover – the Duke of Westminster- during the 1930’s.  Its never been confirmed, but I like the idea, and the romantic in me smiles every time I pass one. 
Well like all good things, they all come to an end. Until next time, Adios x

More Posts


Leave a comment

All blog comments are checked prior to publishing